NCLEX Review Pediatric Nursing Part 2

11. The nurse is caring for a 10-year-old child during the acute phase of rheumatic fever. Bedrest is part of the child's plan of care. Which of the following diversional activities is developmentally appropriate and meets the health needs of this child in the acute phase of rheumatic fever?
A. Playing basketball with a hoop suspended from the bed.
B. Using hand-held computer video games.
C. Sorting and organizing baseball cards in a notebook.
D. Using art supplies to make drawings about the hospital experience.

12. The nurse is caring for a 13-year-old who has been casted following spinal instrumentation surgery to correct idiopathic scoliosis. The nurse is helping the teen and family plan diversional activities while the teen is in the cast. Which of the following activities would be most appropriate to support adolescent development while the teen is casted?
A. Take the teen shopping at the mall in a wheelchair.
B. Have teen regularly attend special school activities for own class.
C. Encourage siblings to spend time with teen watching television and movies.
D. Plan family evenings playing a variety of board games.

13. A two-month-old infant is in the clinic for a well baby visit. Which of the following immunizations can the nurse expect to administer?
A. TD, Varicella, IPV.
B. DTaP, Hib, OPV, HBV.
C. DTaP, MMR, Menomune.
D. DTaP, Pneumovax.

14. An 18-month-old child with a history of falling out of his crib has been brought to the emergency room by the parents. Examination of the child reveals a skull fracture and multiple bruises on the child's body. Which of the following findings obtained by the nurse is most suggestive of child abuse?
A. Poor personal hygiene of the child.
B. Conflicting explanations about the accident from the parents.
C. Cuts and bruises on the child's lower legs in various stages of healing.
D. Inability of the parents to comfort the child.

15. The nurse is discussing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) in infants with the parents whose second baby died of SIDS six months ago. The parents express fear that other children will die from SIDS since they have already had one baby die. Which of the following statements made by the parents indicate their understanding of the relationship of future children and the risk of SIDS?
A. "There is a 99% chance that we will not have another baby die of SIDS."
B. "There is medicine that can be used to stimulate the heart rate while the baby is sleeping."
C. "Genetic testing is available to determine the likelihood of another baby dying from SIDS."
D. "Any new baby will be on home monitoring for one year to prevent SIDS."

16. A ten-day-old baby is admitted with 5% dehydration. The nurse notes which of the following signs?
A. Tachycardia.
B. Hyperthermia.
C. Hypothermia.
D. Bradycardia.

17. The nurse is asked why infants are more prone to fluid imbalances than adults. The response is
A. infants ingest a lesser amount of fluid per kilogram.
B. infants have functionally immature kidneys.
C. adults have a greater body surface area.
D. adults have a greater metabolic rate.

18. A 10-month-old weighs 10 kg and has voided 100 ml in the past four hours. The nurse determines normal urine output based on the fact that normal urine output is
A. 10 ml/kg/hour.
B. 1–2 ml/kg/hour.
C. 3–5 ml/kg/hour.
D. 7–9 ml/kg/hour.

19. A three-month-old is NPO for surgery. The nurse attempts to comfort him by
A. administering acetaminophen.
B. offering pacifier.
C. encouraging parents to leave so the child can rest.
D. giving 10 cc Pedialyte.

20. An 11-year-old is admitted for treatment of lead poisoning. The nurse includes which of the following in the plan of care?
A. Strict intake and output.
B. Oxygen.
C. Heme-occult stool testing.
D. Calorie counts.

Answers and Rationale:
11. Correct C
Rationale: The middle childhood years are times for collections. The collections of middle to late school-age children become orderly, selective, and neatly organized in scrapbooks. This quiet activity supports the development of industry and concrete operational thought as well as the physical restrictions related to the rheumatic fever.

12. Correct B
Rationale: Early adolescents have a strong need to fit in and be accepted by their peers. Attending school activities helps the teen continue peer relationships and develop a sense of belonging.

13. Correct B
Rationale: Healthy infants at two months of age receive diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTP); hemophilus influenza (Hib); oral polio vaccine (OPV); and hepatitis B virus (HBV).

14. Correct B
Rationale: Incompatibility between the history and the injury is probably the most important criterion on which to base the decision to report suspected abuse.

15. Correct A
Rationale: Whether subsequent siblings of the SIDS infant are at risk is unclear. Even if the increased risk is correct, families have a 99% chance that their subsequent child will not die of SIDS.

16. Correct A
Rationale: Tachycardia is associated with dehydration.

7. Correct B
Rationale: Infant kidneys are unable to concentrate or dilute urine, to conserve or secrete sodium, or to acidify urine.

8. Correct B
Rationale: Normal urine output is 1–2 ml/kg/hour.

9. Correct B
Rationale: Non-nutritive sucking will help console and pacify him.

10. Correct A
Rationale: CaNaEDTA (treatment for lead poisoning) is nephrotoxic and strict intake and output records need to be kept.

7 comments:

HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

Dr. Imoloa has really made me so much believe in him by getting me cured with his herbal treatment. i really appreciate you Dr.imoloa for bringing back happiness to my life again. thank you so much,friends join me to thank him for what he has actually done for me i pray to you all for a good life and good health, and most especially to you Dr. imoloa Thanks

I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctors, few months ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the cure of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr imoloa and she drop the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me. I am now here to testify that i am no longer a herpes patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all herpes patients get your herbal medicine to cure your sickness. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all,you can contact him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com, you can still reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098
CANCER
EPILEPSY.
GENPILENCIN.
HIV AIDS.
DIABETICS
STROKE.
BREAST ENLARGEMENT...PENIS ENLARGEMENT, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE HUMAN PAPAILOMA VIRUS HERPES. SYPHILIS. HEPATITIS A B and C.

My name is john Rooney am from U.S.A. I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Imoloa herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.imoloa herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. u can contact him drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . call or whats-apps him through +2347081986098 . he is also specialize on.... GETTING YOUR VIRGINITY BACK.

Thanks for the Enlarging my penis sir, you indeed save my marriage...I am really grateful sir.


I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Silver and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Silver telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Silver (drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address ( drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com

i already gave up on ever getting cured of HSV2 because i have try many treatment none of them work out for me i have go to different hospital they always tell me same thing there is no cure for herpes when i came across a post about Dr ohunyom, in the net from a lady called Angela i contacted him and he reassured me with him herbal medicine which i took according to the way he instructed, that how i was cured. I doubted at first because i have been to a whole lot of reputable doctors, tried a lot of medicines but none was able to cure me. so i decided to listen to him and he commenced treatment, and under two weeks i was totally fee from #Herpes. i want to say a very big thank you to DR ohunyom for what he has done in my life. feel free to leave him a message on email drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973..
He can still be able to help you with this herbs medicine:
1...ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILESY/HPV CURE/LUPUS/HEPATITIS/CANCER/GOUT  

HOW I GOT RID OF MY HERPES Virus WITH THE HELP OF DR Aire. Greetings to the general public, i want to inform the general public how i was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr Aire. i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and is Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Doctor Dr Aire cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took as instructed and it seriously worked for me, i am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. I pray for you Dr Aire God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem like HIV/AID, CANCER,HERPATITIS,DIABETES,HPV,INFECTION ETC. Reach him on his Email Address at=== drairehome@gmail.com or you can contact him on WHATSAPP FOR EASY ACCESS at +2347036740271


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC there website is https://ultimatelifeclinic.com in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More